Herpes Definitions, Terms and Acronyms:
- Aciclovir (Zovirax) - a prescription antiviral medication for controlling herpes outbreaks.
- Herpes myths - general myths include that it is fatal, it only affects genital area, condoms are 100% effective in preventing it, it can make you sterile, you only get it from someone with symptoms, only promiscuous people get it, and so on.
- Outbreak - an occurrence or activation of the herpes virus (or any other illness, often applies to many people contracting an illness simultaneously).
- Condoms - recommended way to prevent transmission of herpes simplex infection.
- Herpes - common name for Herpes simplex virus infection.